What are the Top Causes of Big Trucking Accidents in Wichita, Kansas?
Centrally located in the United States, Kansas is served by two Interstate highways with one beltway, two spur routes and three bypasses. As the largest city in Kansas, the Wichita area sees many heavy/large trucks traveling through and around the city, which could mean an increased risk of being injured in a truck accident.
Being involved in a truck accident is a frightening experience that can drastically change someone’s life within seconds. According to Scott Mann, Wichita truck accident attorney at Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Attorneys, common causes of Wichita truck accidents could include:
- Impaired driving due to a truck driver who is sleep deprived or overworked.
- Inattentive driving due to the frequency in which a truck driver travels.
- Inattentive driving due to cell phone use, including talking on the phone, text messaging or even utilizing social media.
- An improperly maintained truck.
Along with the truck driver, Mann said it’s important to look at the truck company: What are they doing or not doing that contributed to the accident? Are they asking their drivers to drive too many hours and to modify their logs to show they haven’t driven too many hours? Are they properly maintaining their trucks?
The Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Attorneys in Wichita have decades of experience fighting for the rights of trucking victims. They will:
- Investigate the accident to compile evidence, including sensitive DOT inspection records and logs.
- Negotiate aggressively with the trucking insurance company.
- File and pursue a lawsuit on the client’s behalf (in the case of unsuccessful negotiations).
- Ensure the most compensation possible is recovered.
Contact Our Wichita Truck Accident Attorneys Immediately
If you have been injured in a Wichita truck accident, we urge you to contact the Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Attorneys immediately for a free consultation. In addition to free consultations, our clients benefit from:
- Free home, hospital or weekend visits
- Collected/advanced expenses
- No fees until a settlement or verdict
Request a free consultation with our team of Wichita truck accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400. We look forward to speaking with you!